So as bloggers, we all have those moments when the almighty ‘writers block’ hits us and no matter how much we try, we just can’t seem to get anything down, or perhaps we’re simply just unmotivated and as a result, we can’t post on our blogs, well guess what? There are other things that you could do as a blogger to help your blog grow even when you don’t feel like writing and I’ll be sharing some of them with you;
- Expand Your Audience: When you’re not in the “mood” to write, you can always still go on instagram, Twitter, etc and look for new bloggers as well as new blogs to follow. Another important tip is to leave sincere comments whenever you’re commenting on these blogs. Sometimes, people are drawn to your own blog probably because of the comments you left on someone else’s blog, so you’re going to have to do better than “nice post” .
- Create a media kit: We talked about this on one of the HTT’s Here on the TBP forum, and we also explained how much good a media kit does to a blog. A media kit will outline your blog stats and some key facts about your blog which will help make you visible to brands. The good thing is that there are free templates online that can serve as a guide. Here’s an example of what a media kit looks like;
- Work on your social media accounts: Social media as we all know, is a great way to connect with our audience, brands and fellow bloggers. It creates a relationship between the blogger and every other person. This is why it is important that you link your accounts directly to your blog to enable quick connection and relationship between you and your readers.
- Update your old blog posts: As you grow as a blogger, your language and even something as simple as the use of punctuation changes. You might have made some of these errors in the past and what better time to correct it than now. Add or remove pictures where necessary, correct spelling errors, change short forms to complete words, etc then go ahead and share the links to those old posts on your various social media accounts.
- Develop yourself: Remember the saying “the day you stop learning is the day you start dying” yeah! There’s always time to learn something new that will grow you as a person as well as your blog. Watch webinars, take photography classes, go for brunches and networking events that will empower you and make you a better blogger, and you’ll realize eventually that time wasn’t wasted afterall.
There you have it guys, I hope these tips were helpful? If you have any other tips to share, we would love to know.