So you have found another blogger or bloggers in your niche and would like to approach them to collaborate on something, Yay! But there’s just one problem, what on earth are we going to collaborate on? Hope this list gives you some inspiration and direction
- Guest posts – Probably the most common kind of collaboration out there where you post on the other person’s blog and his/her readers trace you back to your own blog.
- Reviews – You can review the other person’s products or services, for example, an e-book, blog planner, makeup line etc.
- Interviews – You can interview a popular blogger your readers would be interested in and that person will tell his/her followers to check out the interview on your blog thereby driving traffic to your blog especially if they have a lot of followers.
- Start a series together – You can collaborate and start making series posts could be daily, weekly or however.
- Contest or giveaway – Two or more bloggers can come together to host a giveaway. This way, they can contribute to getting a bigger prize(s), get more people to enter and really promote their blogs.
- Combined photo shoot – You can come together to style outfits if you’re fashion bloggers, create recipes if you’re food bloggers or whatever niche and have a joint photo shoot.
- Host twitter chats – The both of you can announce and host twitter chats at a specific time involving your followers and use the same hashtag.
- Host a Google hangout or live YouTube stream.
- Create a social media community – You can come together to create a Facebook group, Pinterest board or Instagram page for bloggers in your niche to share ideas and promote individual posts.
- Tag them in popular tags/challenges – If you do the ethnicity tag, for example, you can tag a few of your blogger or vlogger friends to do the same and they’ll mention you while doing their post/video.
- Roundup posts – Roundup posts is you mentioning different bloggers views on a particular thing in your own post usually like a list for example “10 Food Bloggers You Should Follow On Instagram”.
- Linking – This is where you link the other person’s blog in your own articles where it’s relevant thus sending referral traffic.
If you have any more ideas on how bloggers can work together, please share them in the comments below, I would love to hear from you. Thanks for reading till the end. Happy blogging!
Guest post by: Daniella Bature