If you really want to start taking blogging seriously and earning from it, then you need to start treating your blog like a business and most businesses have business cards that they hand out to potential clients, colleagues or anyone at all that matters or may matter to the business. I recently started going through the process of getting a business card done for my blog and I have found a few helpful resources.
One might think blogging and influencing is an online thing, why do I need a physical business card. Here’s why?
- Business cards are great when meeting people for the first time whether it’s a potential reader, another blogger, a business owner that may have never known or heard of you before. A business card has a personalised touch to it rather than giving them your social media handles or something. They also have a more lasting impression.
- As a blogger, there are events such as conferences, local networking events that will come up where you get to connect with people and hand out business cards to them.
- You can also mail your business card in your giveaway prize, it’s very personal and leaves a mark in a way. They always remember you and your blog.
- Your business card is part of your brand. They contain your logo, blog/business name, website address, contact information, your blog colours and even your slogan if you have one.
- Business cards are affordable and they vary in price based on what the blogger wants out of it but still for a newbie blogger, there are not so outrageously priced.
- Not everyone will remember your blog name or Instagram handle when you tell them, they may and will forget. That’s when your business card comes in, just slip it into their hand and they have everything you want them to know right in front of them.
- You can also have a soft copy of the card that you can place on your blog, include in your about or contact me page and also include when pitching or sending emails.
Does your blog have a business card? How has it helped your brand, blog, and business? Do share in the comments section below. Thanks for reading and happy blogging.