With our annual TBP Bloggers Brunch coming up soon, we thought to share with you guys some tips on how to get the best out of not just ours but any blogging meet-up, conference or networking event.
- Make all the necessary arrangements early enough – If you need to get tickets, pay for reservation, gate fee and all that, do it early enough because of some times, spaces are limited and they get sold out quickly and you may just miss out on the opportunity completely.
- Make sure you know the venue and how to get there so you can arrive on time and not have to miss any part of the event.
- Be Punctual – The networking parts and getting to know the other bloggers and brands that will be there usually occur at the start of the event and you don’t want to give off a wrong first impression about you because these may be your potential clients, sponsors, and collaborators.
- Know who will be there especially among the panellists and speakers so you can prepare for what you will hear, the areas that will be touched on prepare questions for the areas that relate to you.
- Update your social media and blog about page before the event. Since there will be a lot of connecting and networking going on at these events, make sure your social media pages are up to date, have correct information in their bio so that you can easily be found and remembered.
- Get your business cards/media kits ready – If you’re a serious business minded blogger, you probably have a business card and/or a media kit. If there are any top bloggers or brands you feel you would like to work it, all you need to do is whip out your business card or give them your media kit (at least the soft copy should be on the ground). And the business card, even to your fellow bloggers gives off a sense of you know what you’re doing and you didn’t come to play.
- Take a blogger friend along with you if it’s your first time at a blogging event and if you’re a bit nervous about going alone.
- Don’t be afraid to interact with other bloggers, ask questions and share ideas and experiences.
- Take your camera along with you if you’re going to be blogging or vlogging the event or just updating your social media.
Also, don’t forget to have a good time. What additional tips do you have from your past blogging events? Comment them down below, thanks for reading and happy blogging!
Written by: Daniella Bature