Side Hustle – 5 Easy Ways To Make Money As A Student…
Right in time for everyone going back to University. I was glad someone requested for this post cos I personally was a hustler when in school and I’m still hustling. Not to waste most of your time, we will roll into it. Side note: You need to remember one thing: Regardless of how much you are making from your side hustle or how much fun you are having, always remember your education is your priority and should come first. The aim when you applied for that course was to finish with a great grade and graduate with lovely experience. So, hustle wisely and be smart.
What are the things you can do as a student to get that extra cash? Well, In this post, I will be sharing tips from personal experience and based on research. You don’t have to wait to graduate to become that entrepreneur you’ve been dreaming of. You should start now. In fact, most entrepreneurs started their business while doing something major. That’s why it called ‘Side-hustle‘. Hope you enjoy:
Related post: 5 Ways To Make Your Small Business Look Big And Professional Online For More Opportunities
- Part-time job: Well, this might not sound easy to some people but if you work in a good company with great staff, trust me, your job will feel/look easy. I used to work as an event assistant for 3 years in my University conference area. So far, I will say that is the best workspace and experience I’ve had. It’s very convenient, right there in my university, close to my lecture rooms. Sometimes, I will rush down from lecture to work and still have a big smile on my face. I stayed in the job for 3 years not because the task to carry-out was easy but because everything about the job was convenient which makes my job easy. This might not be the coolest job but trust me, I was able to save lots of money from there to eventually start my own business.
- Writing: Well, as a blogger, writing is a go-to side hustle job especially because it gives you time to work at your own pace and comfort. You can apply to media companies or brands that want to get articles published weekly on their website. It’s called Free-lancing. You don’t have to be a permanent staff, all you do is submit your weekly article(s) and get paid for what you wrote. This doesn’t require several years of writing experience. I would say a decent amount of experience along with a great article that fit perfectly on their website should get you this role. So, why not write on your days off University?
Last post: 5 Things To Consider When Charging A Brand + FREE Rate Card/Media Kit Template To Download
- Become a tutor: As a student or creative individual, you definitely have atleast one particular subject or art you are best at. So, why not teach others these things during your time off class or weekends to earn extra money?
- Sell your products: Well, this one, I personally practiced while in University. I used to wear lots of baseball caps back then. Fortunately, I DIY’ed a ‘Baseball Pompom‘ cap once and everyone started asking me where I bought it from. As a business thinker that I am, I immediately turned this into a side hustle. I started a small brand called “Bizoux” on Instagram where I sell my “Baseball Pompom” caps. I even did a campaign shoot for it. I did that for a while, sold over 50 pieces then stopped as the trend faded away.
- Blogging: This might not work for every blogger but if you’ve been blogging for years, have great stats and influence, why not make money from it? You can read my other article on how to make money as a blogger apart from affiliate marketing HERE. Start charging brands to review products on your blog. I remember in my 2nd year in University, for literally a whole semester, I saved 90% of my clothes shopping money cos I was collaborating with lots of clothing brands and getting a little amount for the review.
I am sure there are thousands of legitimate ways to make money on the side but here are just ones adaptable for creatives like me. What business or side-hustle did you start while in University? Any suggestions to help others? Comment below
I have chosen the first blogger for my FREE 1-Week blog consultation. The first blogger is @ore_k. Click HERE to enter (I pick a blogger every Wednesday) + I am working on something big for bloggers who may not be selected 🙂
Thank you for reading and see you on my next post.
Maryam Salam (Instagram: @itsmaryamsalam)
5 thoughts on “Business Tips: Side Hustle – 5 Easy Ways To Make Money As A Student…”
This is definitely enlightening. Thank you.
Thanks for this wonderful tips. I teach but I’m thinking of doing business to add to my salary.
This very useful article.
Thanks for helping students by sharing your useful knowledge with us.
Thank you for reading.
This is timely….I must say…thank you!