Hope your week is starting on a very positive note? I am probably in class at the moment. One of my University goals this year is to avoid missing any class which I’ve been staying true to. Anyways, today’s post isn’t about my class, its all about one of the biggest challenges every blogger go through: Staying consistent.
Apart from getting so many questions on consistency, I know many people wonder how I stay on top of things even though I still think I am struggling but then I guess I make it look easy.
Today, I will be sharing my daily blog routine with you guys covering how I plan my Instagram posts, Facebook page, Pinterest and blog post. Perhaps if you try it, it might make you a consistent blogger too or atleast, motivate you to stay consistent. Starting from [SCROLL DOWN TO CONTINUE READING]:
If you wish to get in touch with PDS_bychinnie, you can either message them on Instagram @pds_bychinnie or email:firstname.lastname@example.org. Better still, call/Whatsapp: 08109301177. If you are based in Abuja, you can either visit them at 13 Ezekiel Okoya crescent, Off 612 road, 7th avenue, Gwarimpa.
(Remember to tell them, you were referred by Maryam/@itsmaryamsalam)
- Shoot Day: I mostly shoot in ‘bulk‘. My shoot days are mostly full days cos I shoot between 3-5 outfits a day if the weather corporates well with me which will mostly last between 3 to 6 hours. I’ve been blogging for several years now so, I kinda know the shots I am looking for when shooting which helps me plan my location, direction of the photographer (Basically anyone helping me to take pictures that day) and angles. I take almost all my shoots around the same environment but from different angles (Neutral background to fit my Instagram theme) – I mostly shoot weekends!
- Editing: End of shoot-day, I will likely edit my Monday post pictures immediately. I pick between 4 to 8 pictures for the website. If you’ve noticed, I like my pictures slightly raw meaning, not so much editing but still sharp and clean. I use my Macbook basic editing tools (Reduce light, Increase contrast, Sharpen a bit and adjust colors). My camera has auto-smooth integrated which gives your skin a natural smoothness.
- Draft post: I usually draft my Monday’s post on Sunday’s simply because I don’t want to worry about that while in class. I do my write up, add my pictures, links etc and save
- Prepare Instagram post: After writing my post, I will normally send the article pictures to my phone for editing. I love editing so, I will usually just edit before going to bed.
- Monday morning: I know I could just schedule my post to go up automatically but I love to review with a fresh mind before clicking the publish button.
- Facebook page: All my published posts automatically publish on my blog Facebook page.
- Instagram post: I will normally wake up between 7am – 12am, publish a post from the article to announce my new article on the blog.
- Facebook Group Share: I joined several bloggers Facebook group. While commuting to Uni from home, I will share my new blog-post link on these Facebook groups.
- Pinterest post: I am on ‘3 weeks daily Pinterest post challenge‘. So, I will prepare a Pinterest poster on Canva with my Blog article title and publish during my lunch break.
- Another Instagram post: I will most likely post another picture or a none related post picture during lunch or a bit later in the day.
- NEXT DAY & DAY AFTER: I repeat the Facebook groups promotion and Instagram/Twitter post before a new post goes up on Thursday. Then re-start the entire routine for Thursday post….Then, follow the NEXT DAY & DAY AFTER routine on Friday and Saturday.
“Blogging isn’t a 9 to 5 job but a 24 HOURS job”
Hope you enjoyed the post? Comment below, share how you stay consistent with me and other bloggers….
Wishing you a lovely day and hope to see you back on Thursday [A new post every Monday & Thursday]
– Maryam xoxo – Instagram: @itsmaryamsalam