5 Business Trends That Will Boost Your Business Income In 2018
It’s just a few months to 2018. As a business owner, I believe you should be preparing not only yourself but your business for 2018. It’s going to be a new year, so you want your business to start on a good note. Well, as usual, I was reading around on what to expect in the business world in 2018. While reading around, I was making notes on important trends to pay extra attention to as an entrepreneur. According to Forbes and other tangible business sources, the top 5 business trends that will help you shape your business income, growth and engagement in 2018 are:
- Immediate/Instant connection: As technology grows, consumers are becoming more demanding and asking for everything instantly. By 2018, consumers will expect you to provide real-time services immediately they need it. Now, it will shift from the regular Instagram post or Insta-story. Live channels such as live streaming, webinars, Facebook live, and Insta-live will be the dominating channels to communicate with them. The other day I say @tgjonah from @desire1709fashion doing Insta-live flash sales and I was really happy cos it’s great to see Nigerian brands who actually pay attention to global trends in the fashion Industry. Take advantage of this instant demand and connection to propose exclusive products, service or deals to consumers. It will make them feel special and BOOM, you’ve just won another happy customer over.
- Crowd-funding: Crowd-funding is moving away from the old way we know. Small business owners will now start using crowd-funding not only to source for capital but gain a market before even launching the product or service. It will be used as a “Validation factor” before dashing out investment into the business. According to Forbes, Crowd-funding might be the new business focus group you should consider applying to your business in 2018. Don’t just demand money, meet with people directly and ask for their opinion whether or not they are will be interested in your business, maybe that could be a good reason enough for them to support you.
- Content marketing: Over the last year, numbers of content creators have drastically increased not only on platforms like WordPress of Youtube. Platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook instant content share, Snapchat and Instagram now giving content creators the opportunity to link directly to their platforms. As a business owner, your ultimate goal shouldn’t only stop at producing great content but getting this great content to where your consumers can see it. This trend link to the next trend below.
- Influencer marketing: I was particularly happy to know many businesses are beginning to realise it is more profitable to work with micro-influencers (According to Inc.com, Influencers between 1,000 to 100, 000 followers) because they are likely to have friends and relatives they can recommend your products or services to, followers who actually listen to them, relate to their content and trust their feedbacks compare to macro-influencers (over 100,000 followers) who might just give back likes and comment in return without actual revenue. In 2018, Influencer marketing is forecasted to see a new recording breaking spike as the increase of ad-blocking as seen a rise already this year. This simply means consumers are blocking paid ads on their system and working with influencers might just be the safest direction to take your business through.
RELATED POST: Looking to work with Influencers in Nigeria? Email Thebloggerpoint campaign team (Nigerian bloggers agency) to help manage your influencer marketing from A to Z – Click HERE or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complimentary: In 2018, fashion or beauty brands with brick & mortar stores most especially will suffer for not offering consumers more than products in the store. Consumers are getting lazy by the year so, you need to offer them something extra to actually motivate them to leave their comfort to come shop in your store. Maybe as a fashion brand, you can propose a free styling service in the store or free size consultation. Consumers want more value for their money like never before, so is your brand ready to offer more?
Are there any business trends you think will shape 2018? Share with everyone in the comment box below.
Thank you for reading today’s post, hope to see you next week Monday.
Maryam xoxo – Don’t forget to stay updated with me on IG: @itsmaryamsalam