8 Simple Ways To Build Your Email List Fast
Firstly, what is an Email list?
An email list is the collection of emails either from potential customers or in this case ‘potential reader’ through lead generating campaign.
Why is an Email list important for bloggers?
Lately, we have all experienced lots of changes in technology, most especially the usage of the internet but particularly in Social Media. The rules are changing daily on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or any other social platforms. Slowly, everyone is beginning to realise ‘Social Media’ isn’t ours but a platform rented to showcase ourselves which is why it is important to build your contact outside of social media which is why ‘Email list’ is important.
Apart from the safety of contact, building your Email list is great to help you target the right audience, filter your contact and most especially create a personal and direct environment for you and your tribe to stay in touch. Think: If Instagram closes down today, how will I stay in touch with my followers if I don’t have their contact?
Also, remember that building an Email list comes with the possibility of subscribers opting out, changing emails or contact. In fact, according to HUBSPOT, your email database degrades by about 22.5% every year which is why it is very important for you to constantly find new ways to grow and update your email list.
Either you have started building your Email list or just starting and need idea’s, here are 9 ways I am currently using and used to build The Blogger Point (TBP) email list since 2016:
- Exclusivity/Membership only: One of the early ways of having access to all TBP contents at the early stage (First year) was through registrations. If you are not a registered member, it was impossible for you to read any content. Why did it change? Are we going to switch back to that style? Well, I don’t know for now but the point is, at the early stage it worked and helped us target bloggers only.
- Create a new lead generating offer: This is one of the most popular ways of building an Email list. Everyone uses this offer and it will definitely still be effective for a very long time. Create a FREE e-book, e-guide or course which can be accessed or available to anyone who signs up on your email list. Everyone loves free stuff especially when it is really helpful. For example, I have created free tools here that can help you with your “Blogging self-development” career.
- Create ‘Exclusive’ content: Not everything should go on your website. Some special contents deserve to go ONLY to your special Email list subscribers. TBP Email list has a section called “Newsletter Exclusive” where we announce exclusive news before making it public. you can sign up here
- Do a ‘GIVEAWAY’: Again, people enjoy freebies and why not give something relevant in exchange for their contacts. I don’t think that is an expensive price to pay. Again, this will really show who is willing to give you their contact because they believe what you are giving them is worth it.
- Promote/launch a paid ad an offer: Promote an offer across all your social platforms that require the collection of Email from interested/potential customers. Yes, they might not eventually buy your product or service but they can stick around for more inspiration.
- Call to action: Everyone finds this a bit ‘cringy’ but it has to be done. Tell your audience what to do. For example: subscribe to my YouTube channel, Follow me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. But, on this occasion, you want to be asking your tribe to “Subscribe to my Email list for X, Y, Z” (Always give them a reason to want to join).
- Create engaging content: Apart from everything mentioned, this is one of the genuine ways to build your Email list. Remember Email database degrades by 22.5% yearly? Well, this is why it is very important to continuously create engaging contents readers naturally want more of and stay engaged/connected with you.
- Collect Email at an event: This might not apply to all bloggers but if you ever organise an event as a blogger, take advantage of this period to collect emails of attendees.
(Click below to get your step-by-step guide to set up Mailchimp)
* ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU SIGN UP BEFORE THURSDAY 18TH OF OCT